Augmented Means: Improved or Enhanced
AR is the blending of virtual reality and real life, as developers create images within applications that blend in with contents in the real world..
Virtual Means: physically existing but made by software.
Virtual reality is all about the creation of a virtual world that users can interact with.
How does AR work?
User's physical environment is enhanced with contextually relevant digital content in real-time to the user.Augmented reality can be experienced with a smartphone or with special hardware.
How does VR work?
Uses goggles, speakers, and sometimes handheld wearables to simulate a "Real World" experience in a virtual reality. Can employ visual, auditory, and haptic (touch) stimulation, so the constructed reality is immersive.
25% Virtual + 75% Real = Augmented Reality
- Users continue to be in touch with the real world while interacting with virtual objects around them.
- There are several products already in the market.
- Popular products: magic leap, hololens
75% Virtual + 25% Real = Virtual Reality
- The user is isolated from the real world while immersed in a world that is completely fabricated
- VR, the technology is just stepping up to the plate
- Popular products: magic leap, Oculus Rift