The core of today’s business technology, iOS mobile app development offers incredible benefits to businesses of all sizes. While Android apps also have their advantages, there are compelling reasons why releasing your business app primarily on iOS can be more beneficial. Zibtek helps businesses in various industries build new technical capabilities, improve customer relationships, and enter new markets, all through custom iOS app solutions.
iOS Mobile App Development: Choosing the Right Programming Language
There are more than 600 programming languages now in use, and each has its pros and cons. Choosing the best programming language is essential to the software meeting your customers’ needs as you envision, now and in the future.
Here are the four programming languages developers most often use in iOS mobile app development, with each having its distinct capabilities and benefits.
Long considered the essential iOS app programming language, Objective-C is known for building powerful, scalable apps. Its numerous functions precisely deal with graphics, I/O, and display functions and, as a piece of the Apple development framework, the language is fully integrated into all iOS and MacOS frameworks. In use since 1984, Objective-C is gradually being replaced in the Apple ecosystem by the more powerful Swift language.
Years in the making, Swift helps developers build great-looking apps across all Apple platforms using as little code as possible. A state-of-the-art programming language, Swift was created to work alongside Objective-C. User-friendly, it’s sued or developing cutting-edge iOS mobile apps for phones, desktops, servers, and more. Fast and safe, it combines the best in modern language thinking with Apple’s engineering culture and contributions from its open-source community.
An ideal programming language for building Web-fronted apps for mobile devices, HTML5 is the latest HTML version. Because it’s supported in many different ways by many different browsers, HTML5 has the advantage of building on the current version of HTML, which makes the learning curve much flatter than for completely new languages.
An object-oriented, class-based, and general purpose programming language, Java is one of the most preferred languages for Android app development. It can be run in two different ways: in a browser window or a virtual machine. While Java isn’t used for dedicated iOS mobile app development, it is used for developing cross-platform mobile applications.
How iOS Mobile App Development Benefits Your Business
Mobile apps are projected to generate over $935 billion in revenue by 2023. While games are the most popular Apple App Store category, business apps rank second. Today, it’s inconceivable to imagine anyone with a smartphone or tablet not having a multitude of mobile apps on them.
Businesses looking to capture market share in apps have plenty of reasons to invest in iOS mobile app development, as the iPhone’s reach and penetration are unsurpassed. Here are just a few of the benefits of iOS app development.
- Greater revenue. Despite having less of the smartphone market compared to Android, Apple manages to prevail when it comes to customer spending. Apple users are far more willing and likely to pay on an app than Android users.
- High security standards. Malicious attacks on mobile devices can have profound implications. iOS apps offer a high-end security layer and protect users against security threats like viruses, hacking, phishing, and breaches.
- Incredible customer experiences. A superior user experience is paramount in any business’s customer experience strategy. iOS apps work seamlessly on any compatible device, providing the exceptional customer experiences that are key to your company’s success and growth.
- Tech-savvy audiences. Attracting new customers is vital to boosting revenue. Apple products have long been the preferred choice of Millennials and Generation Z, two highly desirable demographics. Developing iOS mobile apps is an innovative way to enhance your brand’s image and build your customer base.
- High ROI. Apps that make it onto the App Store go through rigorous testing to meet Apple’s high standards. People tend to trust iOS apps and the companies who create them, which can help generate higher revenues.
Lastly, iOS apps generally take around 25% less time to develop than Android apps with the same specifications. Faster, easier, and less expensive to develop, iOS apps are ideal for taking your business to its next level of success. To learn more about iOS mobile app development and how it can benefit your business, talk to the team at Zibtek today.